Sunday, February 13, 2011


By The Reporter / WrestleSite.com


- Jim Ross noted this week that many former WCW employees will be having a private function in Atlanta, Georgia in late March to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the last WCW Monday Nitro broadcast. Ross said that he was invited, and wishes he could attend but did not say if he

- John Cena, Eve Torres and The Miz took to Twitter yesterday and commented on WrestleMania 28 taking place from Miami, Florida:

Cena: "CeNation. WM28 has chosen to take its talents to south beach! Miami watchout. April 1, 2012�. here we come"

Miz: "Wrestlemania 28 is officially set for Miami. Wish I brought my isotoners for Dan Marino to sign."

Eve: "Just left the Wrestlemania XXVIII Press Conference. It's official, were going to MIAMI!!! But first, I have my sights set on ATL April 3rd!"

- Coming out of the Green Bay Packers publicity this week, WWE's top sellers on their website is the WWE Title replica and the World Heavyweight Title replica. They are priced at $322.15 and $243.95, respectively. WWE has the belts up for 15% off this week.

- Former WWE superstar Vader's son Jesse White is apparently still looking at getting a WWE developmental deal. White has wrestled a few times with his dad in Japan for the Vader Tyme promotion. Both Vader and Jesse were signed to the promotion in Florida that was rumored to be launching last year and ended up falling through. Officials from that company were going to push White as one of their top stars as they felt you need a home-grown superstar and were impressed with what they saw of him in Japan.

- The Viva La Lucha promotion has a pay-per-view that will begin airing on February 11th. Just some of the matches taped that will be airing include Shelton Benjamin, Big Daddy V & Hernandez vs. Blue Demon, Mesias & Booker T as well as Konnan, Damian 666 & Halloween vs. Super Crazy, Charlie Haas & Tommy Wilson. Former WWE Diva Jackie Gayda-Haas will also be in action.

- Dolph Ziggler was in attendance for last night's Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons basketball game.

- There is said to be no heat on Randy Orton for CM Punk's nose being broken in the opener of this past Monday's RAW.

- The Miami Herald spoke with Big Show at yesterday's WrestleMania 28 press conference: Here are some highlights:

WrestleMania 28 open-roof:

"WrestleMania is too big to put under a roof I think. I think with WrestleMania, we have it outside. We have it open. I think maybe I can talk to our troops and see if I can get parachuted in off a C-130. Maybe I'll do that."

The Rock going into the 2012 Hall of Fame:
"You look at the impact The Rock had on our industry from the short time he has been in the business to the megastar he is today. I think if anyone deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, I'm sure The Rock does.

That is a guy who is legendary and deserves every bit of his success. Plus, Dwayne Johnson is one of the finest and nicest people I met in my life. There are a lot of guys that you meet in this business. There are people you don't like and people you do like. I have incredible respect for Dwayne and his entire family. I respect the man and the character he has. He's awesome."

Kevin Nash returning:
"I learned a lot from him, when I was in the nWo. When I was a greenhorn, he helped me out a lot. I'm a little bit more of a seasoned veteran now, so if he wants to dance one more time as a partner or opponent, I'll shake his hand in the middle of the ring, and we will lock horns. I have no problem with that what so ever."

- WWE Hall of Famer Gorgeous George is listed as LA's #4 all-time coolest athlete by The Los Angeles Times this week. George follows Sandy Koufax, Magic Johnson and Johnny Weissmuller at #4.

They wrote: "Gorgeous George was the original, a professional wrestler who emerged in the late 1940s with an act later ripped off by Muhammad Ali, James Brown, and Hulk Hogan."

- Courtesy of Silvervision, here is the cover photo for WWE's new DX: One Last Stand set that comes out on April 5th.

Sports Center on ESPN yesterday aired footage of the Green Bay Packers on SmackDown this week, which obviously hasn't aired on WWE TV yet.
- WWE will tape the 600th SmackDown episode next week from San Diego. Advertised is a 12-man match with Edge, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, John Morrison & R-Truth vs. Kane, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre. Also appearing is The Miz and Jerry Lawler.

- New downloadable content for SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 includes new attire for John Cena, Sheamus, CM Punk and The Undertaker as well as a WCW Nitro arena.

- Former WWE talent Carl Ouellet, 43, announced his retirement from professional wrestling Tuesday during an interview with the largest radio station in Quebec, CKAC. He had not wrestled since June, in a match against TNA Wrestling star Desmond Wolfe.

- The video of the Super Bowl champions Green Bay Packers entering the arena for WWE Smackdown. Video Right Here

Ouellet, who began wrestling professionally in 1987, competed under a variety of alias over the course of his 24-year wrestlingcareer including Pierre-Carl Ouellette (or Ouellet), Pierre of the Quebecers and Jean-Pierre Lafitte. He worked for four of largestpromotions in the United States; World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

Ouellet is a three-time WWE World Tag Team Champion, having won the strap three times with Jacques Rougeau in 1993 and 1994. He also won the WCW Hardcore Championship during his brief stint with World Championship Wrestling in August 2000.

Ouellet confirmed to SLAM! Wrestling today that his wrestling career is over.

"I wrestled in more than 30 countries, on all five continents. I was three-time WWE tag team champion, I've wrestled against the best of my era and for all the major promotions," Ouellet said. "When you choose wrestling as your career, you don't have space for anything else in your life. Wrestling becomes your life. But after a while, you realize that there is more than wrestling. I have other projects I want to work on, but I couldn'tinvest myself 100% in those with wrestling still around."

Following an extensive stint overseas during the latter portion of his career, Ouellet declared during an interview with SLAM! Wrestling that he would like another run with WWE. He worked a few tryout matches in 2007, but was not hired. Ouellet claimed during a 2009 interview with Monday Night Mayhem that Vince McMahon shoved him into wall backstage after waiting to thank him for giving him another opportunity.

"After the show, I asked Mike Rotunda, I said, 'Should I wait for their phone call or should I wait and thank Vince for the opportunity?' Mike said, 'No Carl. You should wait for Vince and thank him. So it'll be fresh in his memory, you know? ' So I'm just waiting at the end of the Smackdown show. He's coming out and it's maybe 12:30 or 1AM. And I go, "Vince, I just want to�" And he shoved me into the wall like I was a piece of crap. I felt pretty bad."

Ouellet wrestled throughout his career with a glass eye. He lost his right eye at the age of twelve when a friend accidentally shot him in the eye with a pellet gun.


Big WWE news on The Undertaker, 2.21.2011, WrestleMania and more, check out WrestleSite.com.

0 comments :

Post a Comment